October 1, Permanent Records relocated to 159 20th St. (btwn 3rd and 4th Aves) in South Slope.
- * Bring us what you’d like to sell. You may come in at any time, 7 days a week, but we usually stop buying during our last hour of business. We close every day at 8pm.
- * The buyer on duty examines the records. Artist, title, & condition are all factors we consider.
- * We won’t take records that are scratched or in overall bad shape.
- * Once the records are evaluated, the buyer will make an offer for the titles we can use. You will be offered the choice of cash or store credit. Store credit is a higher dollar amount.
- * We buy popular music in nearly all genres: rock, soul, jazz, funk, blues, folk, etc.
- * We generally do NOT buy the following genres: Broadway, classical, opera, big band, or pop vocals.
We Want Your Records!
That’s right, if you’ve got LPs you’d like to sell, we want to take a look at them!
Our vinyl buying procedure is as follows:
Important notes on the types of LPs we buy:
Keep in mind that most top 40 albums of the seventies and eighties are very common records–they sold hundreds of thousands of copies at the time! Depending on our current stock levels, we may not be able to buy these popular titles at any given time.
If you’ve got a large personal collection that you’d like to sell, please don’t hesitate to give us a call at 718-383-4083 and ask for Marjorie. We will travel for the right records and pay top dollar for uncommon and exciting items!